Friday, February 7, 2014

Chicken Noodle Soup with a Soda on the Side...Minus the Soda.


Hello one, hello all! So I'm going to be honest. Keeping up with blogging has been harder than I expected. I thought it would be a nice thing to do in my free time, but I find myself either wanting to sleep, watch Girls, or hit the bars whenever I have a few hours to spare. This semester has already been a whirlwind - it's my second to last semester but due to availability of classes I am in all of the hardest classes offered for my major, one of them being my thesis project. So as you can imagine, there's a lot of stress and well, very limited free time. That being said, I definitely WANT to keep blogging. It's a stress relief and it feels a lot more productive than just oozing around. I need some serious blogging motivation, so if anyone has any tips, send them my way! Perhaps a schedule is in order?


Anyhoo, not much outside of reconnecting with friends and classes/homework galore has been happening, but this semester I promised myself I would start cooking more and eating healthier. I survived mostly off of frozen dinners last year, and by the time winter break hit I found myself not only a little rounder but very sluggish, which is why I think I need some changes. I'm not much of a cook, but me and my roommate have been throwing together some simple crock pot recipes for the last few weeks, but last night I tried out this Pintrest recipe for a fancy chicken noodle soup, all on my own. My version did not turn out quite as pretty as picture, but man was it tasty! And not difficult or overly expensive. I highly recommend this to other college students who want to feel like an adult, but want to exert minimal energy to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hear ya...I'm thinking I should just keep to blog posting on my own time. I think a schedule will just stress me out!

      Delete