Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day!!


Hey everyone! Here's hoping all of you had a great Valentine's day. I personally love this holiday; granted, it's a Hallmark holiday, but I love the fact of having a day to just spread some love. Even when I was single, it was a great reason to buy my best friends or family members little gifts or candy. Or even something special for myself ;) This year though, I got to spend a lovely few days with my boyfriend. He came up on Wednesday and left last night, which was very nice considering it had almost been three weeks since we had last seen each other.

We slept in late, made ourselves a big, tasty breakfast, then got dressed up before heading downtown since my boyfriend had an interview schedule. Granted, the wait was a little long, but we had plenty of time to chat. Afterwards, he surprised me by taking me to the Cheesecake Factory. Believe it or not, out of my 21 years of living in the Chicago area and Chicago itself, I had never been there. It was delicious, but the portions were enormous! We ended up just splitting an appetizer before getting huge slices of cheesecake, and it was more than enough food. We were stuffed! We then went back to my apartment to exchange gifts, nibble on candy, and cuddle until it was time to take him to his train. I got him a case and a weight for his new GPS (two things he kept talking about wanting and was thus very excited for) and he got me flowers, a Hello Kitty nightlight (an inside, but touching, joke) and a painting he did himself with a poem on the back. It was so sweet I thought I was going to cry <3


What did y'all do? Did you spend the day treating yourself or someone else? Or is Valentine's Day just not your speed? If not, let me know your favorite holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment