Monday, January 27, 2014

I'm freezing part. 2


Today is the first day of second semester, meaning new teachers and classmates. Normally, I advocate dressing up for at least the first few days of school, because I think it makes a good first impression to your professors and colleagues; one that says you take care of yourself and are here to take things seriously.

That is how I normally feel. But today, I am caught in the polar vortex in Chiberia, in subzero temperatures and frigid wind chills. Trains have shut down, almost all flights have been cancelled at the airports, most businesses are closed (my lucky boyfriend got called off of work!), and of course, my college campus remains open. Ugh. Thus, I think I will not be judged too harshly by any of the new faces when I choose function over fashion today.


I'm keeping warm with thermal leggings and a long sleeve top under my clothes. Over them, I have on my black Old Navy skinny jeans (before you judge, Old Navy makes literally theee best cheap, skinny jeans for us tall girls, particularly for those of us who are bigger than a size 2), and an oversized grey sweater I found in the men's section at a thrift shop. I'm accessorizing with a pair of (worn) black combat boots from Charlotte Russe on top of several pairs of socks, a red scarf I made, and my new favorite shaggy, cream-colored beanie from Forever 21. When I head out, I'll be adding a large puffy coat, sunglasses, and thick gloves to the mix. Stay warm everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You look very cute, and I can totally sympathize with the need to feel warm during snowy days! I'm glad I found your blog :)

    xo www.inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D So glad you commented and now I've found your blog - you are lovely!

      Delete